Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Sunday 30 October 2011

NOTD - Sinful Halloween

It seems very appropriate that I created this Halloween nail art using Sinful Colors nail polish....

Halloween nails a' la Fleur de Force!

I cannot take credit for the design, I just copied the lovely Fleur de Force so if you want to see how to do it then click here for the youtube video.

Add caption

My tools were: Sinful Colors nail polishes in Cloud 9 (pumpkin orange shimmer), Black on Black, and Snow me White, along with a touch of Mavala Bronze Green (155) on the top of Mr Pumpkin Face (that's the ring finger, folks). I topped everything off with Essie Good to Go topcoat as I didn't have a glitter topcoat like Fleur.

Sinful Colors
I used two coats of the orange. Once dry I formed the different designs on the nail using a cocktail stick dipped into the black polish which I previously blobbed on some paper. My tip is to practice the designs on paper first just so you know what you're doing! When the black was dry I blobbed a bit of white on the paper and added tiny eyes, and lines for the pumpkin and spider web. The pumpkin also has a touch of green for his stalk. Awwwwww...

I thought the left hand would be murder but actually it wasn't nearly as difficult as I imagined. I have a steady hand. I could have been a surgeon but decided to sing instead.... and blog.

Mr P thinks I'm missing a neuron or two, but I'm too old for Trick or Treat so I'll get my kicks from nail art, thank you very much.

Give it a go, it's so much fun. The spider web was actually the trickiest.... on my left hand it bears no resemblance whatsoever to anything at all. So maybe it was a good thing after all that I didn't pursue that career in surgery.

And for some completely non beauty related, check out my little pumpkin chilli light display....

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent light-display!
    And I love LOVE4NAILS on youtube, and she says Sinful Colours in such a delightful way. She has a good voice!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I"ll check out LOVE4NAILS now. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween - Loving the nail design!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)