Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Thursday 30 August 2012

Estee Lauder Black Turquoise - NOTD

Believe it or not, after a summer drought post-wise, I now have a posting schedule complete with back-up photos.

This was not scheduled. In fact, I ignored the schedule to blog about this immediately, because people, you NEED to know about this.

In case Mr P is reading this (sometimes, when he's bored, he finds his way to my blog and then laughs at how I can get excited by lip balm and perfume. etc etc...) I 'bought' this with my Boots points. In other words, it was FREE.

I would have bought it even if I didn't have enough points. It, and all it's brothers and sisters, are most definitely worth the £14.50/$20/€19.50 price tag.



Estee Lauder Black Turquoise

I'm so over summer brights. And by the looks of it recently, summer is over too. Not that I'm longing to wrap myself in woollies and freeze my butt off, but I do love a bit of autumn fashion and the glorious new colours it brings. This season it's all about shades of black; blackened reds, blues, greens etc. And metallics are going to be big again I hear.

I'd been totally bowled over by the new Estee Lauder nail polish display when I first saw it last week. I have to admit by being a bit jaded by nail polish now that I have so much. As always, however, there are gaps in my collection and the ENTIRE Estee Lauder collection would fill that gap quite nicely thank you.
Estee Lauder Black Turquoise

Estee Lauder Black Turquoise

But let's start with one. I decided I wanted a black-green shade but failing that, a very black-blue would do. When the sales assistant showed me the bottle of Black Turquoise I at first thought it to be too light. Too blue and not black enough. Then I tried it and fell head over heels. Tom Pecheux (the creative director of Estee Lauder, don't you know) has really nailed it. How do you do a blackened turquoise? How does that even work? Surely it's a contradiction in terms? Turquoise, is by it's nature, a bright. Tom has turned beach-babe turquoise into a dark mistress of the night, and I LOVE her.


Black Turquoise, blurred, I know, but I included it because it shows more or less the true colour under bright light

Formula is incredible, it goes on like a dream and it's self-leveling, which means that even if it's too thick or thin in places, it will even itself out.


As usual, this is two coats with Essie Good to Go topcoat.

A word of warning. Dark blues and greens have a tendency to stain the nails more than most colours so you MUST absolutely use a base coat. As a precaution I used two coats of Nailtiques Formula 2 before I applied the polish. 

Considering that Chanel limited edition polishes are about a fiver more expensive with an inferior formula and far less imaginative colours, I don't understand why the blogging world hasn't gone just as crazy for Estee Lauder. Are they all mad???

Will you be going back to black next season?


(Black Turquoise is, as far as I know, limited edition )








2 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes! Absolutely gorgeous. I going to go find this immediately! I hope it's just as accessible in the states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, run my pretty! Go grab it. It MUST be available there, everything else is!

      Delete

I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)